Our Organisation Values
1. Compassion: We value compassion and empathy in our interactions with individuals living with dementia and their carers. We strive to provide a caring and understanding environment that respects their unique experiences and challenges.
2. Dignity: We believe in upholding the dignity and worth of every person affected by dementia. We aim to treat individuals with respect, honour their autonomy, and promote their independence to the fullest extent possible.
3. Inclusivity: We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for individuals from all backgrounds, cultures, and communities who are affected by dementia. We embrace diversity and promote equal access to our support services.
4. Collaboration: We believe in the power of collaboration and actively seek partnerships with community organisations, healthcare providers, and stakeholders to enhance our impact and provide comprehensive support to those living with dementia and their carers.
5. Integrity: We uphold the highest standards of integrity in all our activities. We are transparent, honest, and accountable in our decision-making, governance, and the use of resources entrusted to us.
6. Innovation: We embrace innovation and strive to stay at the forefront of dementia care practices. We actively seek opportunities to develop and implement new approaches, technologies, and interventions that improve the lives of those affected by dementia.
7. Empowerment: We are dedicated to empowering individuals living with dementia and their carers. We provide them with the knowledge, skills, and support necessary to navigate the challenges of dementia, make informed decisions, and enhance their overall well-being.
8. Advocacy: We advocate for the rights and needs of individuals living with dementia and their carers. We actively engage in influencing policy changes, raising awareness, and reducing stigma surrounding dementia to create a more supportive and inclusive society.
9. Professionalism: We uphold professionalism in all aspects of our work. We strive for excellence in the delivery of our support services, adhere to ethical guidelines, and invest in continuous learning and development for our staff and volunteers.
10. Person-Centred Approach: We place the individual at the centre of our care and support. We tailor our services to meet the unique needs, preferences, and goals of individuals living with dementia and their carers, fostering a person-centred approach in all our interactions.